Sunday, February 28, 2016

Inconsiderate, and Left Out









        Have you ever felt left out? 

Thats how I feel every single day. Especially at school. 

Kids have amazing lunches that are yummy and filling. I have apples and a sandwich or leftovers from dinner a day before or from the night before. These kids eat and eat in front of me. Then they ask for MY food. MY FOOD! Because they think my food looks better than theirs. What I have to eat for lunch is the only food that I can have. They can eat whatever they want. It just ticks me off!

A few days ago a person in my class told me that I can basically eat what they can eat it just has to be made in a special way with special ingredients. I wanted to get up and scream at this person and tell them exactly how I feel - how this person has no experience whatsoever with allergies and how this person has no experience in being told that they cannot eat what everyone else is eating. 
But instead, I sat down and ate my food quietly.

Here is another thing that makes me feel left out: when people bring treats that I cannot eat, even though they know I can't eat what they are handing out.  I feel alone, left out and really wanting one of those treats that they brought. 
For example, cake, cupcakes, candy, popcorn. Yeah not really a fan of those people. 

Some people are considerate.

 Like my aunt, she always cooks things I can eat when I'm at her house. She has cookies I can eat. Dinner I can eat. It's really helpful to me. 

My mom is also very considerate.  She also makes things I can eat. She makes treats I can eat.
 I love it. 

My friend from school is really nice about it all. She brought cupcakes for her birthday, and I was about to sit and read my book and sit out of the conversation. But then she brought me a thing of carrots and ranch. That really touched my heart that she would do that for me.


Well, thanks for reading. See you soon, Lizzy Love. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lizzy
    Sounds like a rough time. Sorry for that..glad you have a friend at school who thinks of you. It's the little moments that help through dark stuff. Your mom rocks and I hope more preople around you learn to be considerate!
    Hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally sucks that you're allergic to the things that most food is made out of. But you're a strong girl, and you wouldn't be given this trial if you couldn't handle it. You have an awesome mom and aunt, and your friend is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's hard, but keep up the good work. In the end you'll feel better because you're not making yourself sick eating the wrong foods. It would be nice if the kids in your class are bringing in a special treat, if maybe they could bring an apple or something that you like, that you can safely eat and enjoy. You might think of giving them a short list of things that you CAN eat, so that they can include you in their special celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thaks for sharing Lizzy, I think someday we all will have to change our eating habits if we we want to stay healthy. There is so much diabetes among children now because of all the sugar and starch in our diets. I am glad you have good substitutes for the junk food. That makes it a little more tolerable. I admire you so much.

    ReplyDelete