Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Ahh...Much Better.

Photo Credit:greenteacupdeisgns.com
Public School was just NOT working for me.

I mean I was well taught, had a GREAT teacher, some AMAZING friends and I was happy, BUT, my allergies interfered. I was depressed watching my friends eat their food and me having a fruit or something. I was really not supposed to go outside because dust is everywhere plus the trees, sand, dead grass and other environmental stuff I'm super allergic to.

My allergies were crazy.
I was always sad.
So my mom was kinda stressing about it.

That's when my Aunt Wendy suggested that she could help my mom home school me. Which you're probably thinking, What? Wait...? Uh? But don't jump to conclusions.

My Aunt follows this diet called "Trim Healthy Mama". You guys probably have heard of it. It's basically gluten free, corn free. Some times there is corn and peanuts and stuff, but she takes it out when I'm there. So basically I get delicious meals and I'm getting better at staying on my diet. These past few weeks, my aunt has helped me learn that I am okay. I have learned to say, "This is my food, this is your food, NO PROBLEM." (Never fear, I do lots of school work as well!)

 Now when I reach into the fridge, instead of grabbing some pepperoni, or something else I shouldn't eat, I grab an apple instead. I'm happier and in a better environment.

On Easter Sunday my cousins ate with us. Including my Horrocks cousins and my Crookston cousins.

 I did not have to worry about my Aunt Wendy's family understanding my diet, but I wasn't quite sure about my Aunt Becky's family. I worried she would bring dessert I could not have, etc.

But no instead, everything they brought was specially made for me. Jello, deviled eggs, mashed potatoes. All of it was so delicious! I was very grateful for the effort that my relatives put in for me. I want to thank The Horrocks and The Crookstons for teaching me that people do care for me and that people put in a lot of effort to make things better when they can.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Lizzy. and I love you and I'm proud of you. From Aunt RahRah

    ReplyDelete